Sunday, February 13, 2011

What is the English language coming to?

As a teacher I have a high respect for communication and teaching students to write and speak correctly. I recently noticed on facebook that this is how kids are communicating with each other (I took out names because this is a REAL post from a 9th grade student)....


im fentahh tell you dhis noht ottah disrespect or anythinq buht **** do NOT likee **** andd you needah stop tryinq himm likee dht ! & ion undahstandd why you keep qhettinq madd aht yo couisn causee **** dont likee you so you needa chill wiht dht dhts real childishh andd noht cool andd you makinq yo self look badd
# juss s...ayinq ! & noht trynahh be mean or rudeee?

Is this the future of communication?

2 comments:

Paula -- CutieFruity said...

*head:desk*

What on EARTH are these kids thinking?! I truly do not understand. It's like some sort of stupid people code. If you are supposed to write like you speak, why not write like you have gum stuck in your teeth?

Amber said...

I have no idea Paula! I just know that there is no way they can be successful if they continue to talk and speak like this. I will now refer to it as the stupid people code :)

About Me

My photo
Lifelong educator! I look forward to what I can learn each and every day. I live my life as a musical and love theater and all things related to music. Food is my passion - eating, cooking, learning about...I just want more! A bit of a Disney fanatic ;). This merely scratches the surface, but you've got to start somewhere....

What interests me at the moment......

  • DISNEY!!!
  • Committing myself fully to whatever I do
  • Any holiday or weekend that I don't have to work and I can go to WDW :-)
  • Travelling to different FL beaches
  • Cooking :)
  • Watching Glee
  • Looking to buy my first home!

This is where I want to work!

DJ Amberlicious :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones